Sunday, April 8, 2012

We survived in Cambodia!

I still can't believe that we've made it! Can you believe that two young girls went to Cambodia all by themselves? My mother doubted on consenting  me to go there in the first place. It was pretty hard  for my mother to let me go since Ayu and I were planning to go there on our own. Ahamdulillah, she gave her consent eventually after a few explanations and everything.

It has been almost a year since we went to Cambodia. The vacation was more into a backpacking vacation since we brought backpacks instead of the AF trolley bags.LOL! Ayu and I were randomly talking about vacations here and there on Facebook. We decided to pick Cambodia since I have never been there and Ayu has been dreaming to go there for ages. She has been dreaming to see and explore the Angkor Wat for real. So there you go! We managed to go there for six days and five nights.

We arrived in Phnom Penh on the 15th May 2011. Ayu and I have reserved guest rooms at Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. The price was quite affordable. We just need to pay approximately USD15 per night for guest room at Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. The accomodation was comfortable and the staff were friendly too. We had Toyota Prius to pick us up from the airport. The best thing is it's free! Ayu was so excited about the ride since Toyota Prius has always been her dream car. The driver said that the price of Toyota Prius in Cambodia is only USD15,000. Ya Allah! Way too cheap compared to the price in Malaysia. We managed to pay visit to a lot of historical places including one mosque in Phnom Penh and another one in Siem Reap. Great Experience! Too many things to tell you actually. I just uploaded some pictures for your view. Check these out!













































No comments: